As part of Center for Ethics and Sustainable Development (CESD)’s gender equality, equity and women empowerment initiatives, CESD introduces WEAF. It is Women Empowerment and Advancement Forum (WEAF).
Our operational maxim is securing a significant place and resounding voice for women in the era of knowledge-based economies.
Our vision is to be a support network for women at all levels, to help one another navigate crippling and stifling challenges to living fulfilled lives, having a voice in matters that affect us and to contribute significantly to sustainable development.
Women all over the world are indeed sisters though tribe, tongue, religion, pedigree and proclivity may differ; these challenges are peculiar to women in varying degrees simply because we were born as girls.
Our Invitation to you
We invite you to share this vision, buy into it, broadcast it, volunteer your skills, time, resources in as many ways as we can, to co-create ideas, to support and lift up one-another as well as to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)’s vision 50:50 by 2030.
They include but not limited to the following:
- Training and capacity building
- Re-tooling women to be technology savvy in the era of information technology
- Helping hands
- Value chain development geared towards impacting and benefitting women
- Motherhood support and guidance on how to raise the next generation of gender supportive boys and adult (Generation Frederick)
- Care/Help line services – offering therapeutic services of just listening and so on
- Prayer line
- Support initiative for victims of VAW
- Mentoring – operation raise credible disciples in your profession/organization
- Wellness counselling
Please do not keep this to yourself, help broadcast it, forward this to as many sisters on your contact and mailing list and all your networks.
We have included a short survey for you to fill. Filling this Questionnaire will help us to get to know you; will give you the opportunity to include your input and your preferred scope of engagement.